Thursday, December 13, 2007

Week 10: #23 (!!!)

Finalmente finito!
(finally finished)

My thoughts?

* Many of us have learned much from our "23 Things" tour, even if reluctant or complaining at times; i.e., whether we wanted to learn these "things" or not!

* Like with all learning processes, even if I do not remember all the material covered, I definitely know more than I did before we started. I view the 23 things in three categories.
(Let me use college study as metaphor.)
1) sailed through - " A"
2) kind of grasping but needing review or assistance to really get it - "C"
3) lost, needing to drop the class and take again - "drop" (no "F"s here)
=)

* Most beneficial:
-increased awareness for benefit of patrons. How much better it is to have some inkling of what's being talked about when patrons speak of RSS's, "podcasts", etc. !
-staff morale - mutual support, the "23 Things" became frequent topic of conversation and sharing ("Hey, look at my avatar!", etc), and, even when whining (usually about the time taken away from our jobs), we were doing it together!

* Kudos for:
the coverage, layout & design, explanations (for the most part), links, videos from admin (light hearted approach)

* Room for improvement:
-labs - more of them and more convenient (in terms of location)
-one level (track?) for those already computer savvy (like AP classes); another level for those of us who never have had an affinity for technology (like remedial classes) - unless that is, I'm the only one who needs it!
-learning process which builds on previous info;
i.e., continually repeating, incorporating into, lessons already learned.
(An example of not doing this: when I began the exercises for Week 9, I hadn't made use of an RSS since we did that particular lesson.)

to be continued....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.